Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The World Of The Icenhower's

Is pretty dang boring lately! Seriously, what do we do? We work, we sleep, we eat... Man, we need lives. ;-) It's actually been pretty busy around here. Nathan was in Iowa last week, which normally means I travel home, but since I've been watching my neighbors kids, I couldn't go home. So, this mean being baracaded in the bedroom with Emma at night cuz Lord knows I can't stay home alone at night. Back home, Katie or one of the other girls in the youth group would come stay with me, but here, well, I just don't have anyone yet. *Ahem, Katie, if you read this, this is my way of saying "Maybe EBC needs you..." hehehe! J/K.
A new thing - I'm helping coach the volleyball team here. The season is winding down, but Ruth, the head coach, was needing some help and Nathan said I would do it and I agreed. I haven't played in like 10-12 years and today, my shoulder is definitely feeling the serves and hits from yesterday, but it's been worth it. I have something that is my own thing now, it feels good. PLUS, she asked if I wanted to help coach next year too! I'm a coach, a real, live coach. And now I've been turned into my dad and brother. Funny how things work in families. I'd say I'm a step above them, you know, coaching at the collegiate level, but they play in a rec league, so well, it's not the same. :-)
Emma is almost walking. I fear that it is inevitably coming soon. She loves to hold the basket of her stroller and help mommy push, and she doesn't care that she can't see where she's headed. She has her own little walker/stroller thing and loves to push that around. She can finally turn it, a little, but she still walks into the wall/table/whatever and can't turn it all the way around to keep walking, so she just sits down... She's eating more solids and her favorite thing to eat right now is crackers! She screams at you for more, even though she knows the sign for more and actually, can say "mo". She's impatient and stubborn. Just like her dad. ;-) She is quite an amazing kid though and I'm really having a hard time knowing she'll be one in less than two months and she won't be my little baby anymore... Oh well, I can't stop time, so I'll have to take the time to soak up these last few weeks with her as my little baby because she will soon be my little girl!

No comments: